New Board of Directors elected for the period 2019-2022
The Greek Forum of Migrants implemented the 4th elections for the Board of Directors, which will be active for the period 2019 - 2022.
Read below part of the minutes of the General Assembly of the Greek Forum of Migrants
Elections for the new synthesis of the GFM`s Board of Directors 2019 - 2022
After the announcement - notification to the communities - members of the GFM, the procedure of the 4th election of the Board of Directors began on Tuesday 22 of October 2019. The quorum required, was succeeded (16 out of 23 full members), and the representatives body elected the Electoral Commission:
- Avtantil Mikaberitze, Greek-Georgian Union
- Oksana Kytsenyuk - Revaha, Ukranians in Greece
- Adla Shashati, GFM Office Director
After the completion of the procedure, the Board of Directors selected for the next 3 years (2019-2022) is consisted by the following synthesis:
1. Ermal Sulaj (Albanian Federation in Greece)
Deputy: Kostaki Stathi (Albanian Federation in Greece)
2. Ira Londo (Albanian Federation in Greece)
Deputy: Skerdilajd Agalliu (Albanian Federation in Greece)
REST OF EUROPE
3. Salome Ghoulaqsidu (Cultural Georgian Center CAUCASUS)
Deputy: Kateryna Kutcherko (Ukrainian Community the Land of Stork)
4. Ahmed Moawia (Greek-Sudanese Friendship League)
Deputy: Ayman Slibi (Syrian House)
5. Mokhtar Rezai (Afghan Migrant & Refugee Community in Greece)
Deputy: Khalid Mughal (Pakistan Community)
6. Samsideen Idrissu (Ghanian Communty in Greece)
Deputy: Charles Kingori (Kenyan Community in Greece)
7. Rita Ige Lawani (Nigerian Women Organization)
Deputy: Assefa Debele (Aithiopian Centre Aithiops - Second Generation)
1. Asem Abu-Ermele, Palestinian Workers Union
2. Badar Munir, Greek-Pakistan Union
3. Dimitra Malliou, Network for the Migrant Woman "Dimitra"
At the next meeting, which occured on Wednesday 23/10/2019, the Selection Committee was set up and the synthesis of the Board was decided:
BOARD OF DIRECTORS (2019 - 2022)
President: Moawia M. Ahmed, Greek Soudanese Frienship League
Vice-President: Samsideen Idrissu, Ghanian Community in Greece
Secretary General: Ermal Sulaj, Federation of Albanian Communities in Greece
Treasurer: Salome Ghoulaqsidu, Georgian Cultural Center "Caucasus"
Member: Rita Ige Lawan, Nigerian Women organization in Greece
Member: Mokhtar Rezai, Afghan Migrants & Refuggees Community in Greece
Member: Ira Londo, Federation of Albanian Communities in Greece
Legitimate Representative of the GFM is Mr. Moawia M. Ahmed. In the absence of the President of the GFM, the Vice-President, Mr. Sam Idrissu, assumes the duties and representation of the organization.
On behalf of the Electoral Committee.